Tuesday 4 May 2010

My understanding of diplomacy today: How have your opinions about the role of diplomacy in world politics changed since the start of the module? Looki

Looking back on the first impressions I wrote in the first lecture do not believe that my opinion about the role of diplomacy in world politics has changed providing that I always saw diplomacy as being the key for international cooperation, because it values dialogue and debate. Additionally, diplomacy is not stagnant as is evolving from its traditional practice to adjust to the present world. On the other hand, I have to admit that this module taught me everything about the growing importance of non-state actor in diplomatic practice and particularly the way public diplomacy today encourages the processes of democracy, engaging the public and setting the stage for debate distinguishing itself from messages designed to control. In a world, where the public is not a passive recipient, transparency has to be the key to hold representatives accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment